This is a blog about what is going on in the world. I add links to articles and videos if I think they are appropriate to further learning. You can move on if you are not interested.

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Oh Carol. . . . .

 Carol Vorderman has been asked to leave her job, which she has been doing for five years, presenting a radio show on BBC Wales. She explains why. 

After five years, I’m leaving my Saturday morning show on BBC Radio Wales. The BBC recently introduced new social media guidelines.

Since those non-negotiable changes to my radio contract were made, I’ve ultimately found that I’m not prepared to lose my voice on social media, change who I am, or lose the ability to express the strong beliefs I hold about the political turmoil this country finds itself in.

My decision has been to continue to criticise the current UK government for what it has done to the country which I love - and I’m not prepared to stop. I was brought up to fight for what I believe in, and I will carry on.

Ilona. 8.11.2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be ignored, and deleted.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.