This is a blog about what is going on in the world. I add links to articles and videos if I think they are appropriate to further learning. You can move on if you are not interested.

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Lara Logan

 Extracts from a speech by Lara Logan.

 Powerful testimony by Lara Logan:

"I have worked at the highest levels of the media as a full-time correspondent for 60 Minutes, chief foreign correspondent for CBS News, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News. That was my home for 16 years.

I have seen suffering and I have faced evil and I have walked through the fires of hell on distant battlefields. I faced my own death at the hands of a mob of some 200 men in Egypt when I was gang-raped and sodomized and beaten almost to death while on assignment for 60 minutes.

We live in the age of information warfare, where propaganda is not simply a weapon, it is the entire field of battle. This is a war for our minds that is aided by advanced technology. Media companies, institutions and journalism schools have failed all of us.

They know how to kill a journalist without murdering them. We call it cancel culture. In truth, it is a death sentence. And they get away with it because they have information dominance. Technology means unprecedented power and reach in the hands of a few.

Read the full speech and watch the video.

Ilona. 9.10.2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

I might allow some comments through today. I might also delete some.